OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Friday, May 3, 2013

OVWmania 1YA Q&A: Ref Chris Sharpe

Today's Q&A is with OVW Referee Chris Sharpe. You can find him on twitter @RefChrisSharpe. Thanks again to "Sharpie" for participating in OVWmania's 1-Year Anniversary Q&A.

1. Who were your favorite wrestlers growing up?
Everybody. Hogan, Warrior, Big Boss Man, The Undertaker, Million Dollar Man, Stone Cold, The Rock. So many. I just never grew out of it.


2. When did you decide you wanted to be a referee?
I didn't decide it at first. It was a decision made for me by Silvio. I was training to start doing this when I was 16 and I would always work my butt off, but I'm not naturally athletic. So it was suggested that I be a ref for a while. I did that as well as wrestled and managed for a few years before moving here, and when I did, I knew my best shot at making my dreams a reality would be to stick to trying to be a great ref.

3. Who has helped you most in the industry?
Silvio, Paredyse, Rip (Rogers), Danny (Davis), Jim (Cornette), & Al (Snow). Everyone really.

4. Whose matches do you enjoy watching the most?
My own. That way I get to see matches from everyone on the roster.

5. What is your favorite match that you've been involved in?
It was a Richmond Lucha Libre reunion show in Virginia with a Steel Cage Triple Threat Match between Paredyse, Silvio & That Guy Dave, 2 days before I got to be an extra for WWE. Awesome energy that week.

6. If you weren’t in wrestling, what do you think your second career choice would be?
I would create the story side of rides for Disney theme parks. I will probably still do it one day.

7. What’s your favorite food?
It's more of a food genre, Italian.

8. What kind of music are you into?
I like most artists on a Lil Wayne or Drake Pandora station.

9. Favorite movies and/or actors?
That's too hard to say. I will say that I get a lot of good movie recommendations from Ted McNaler.

10. Any secret talents?
Many. But if I told you...

No comments:

Post a Comment